I think from the start I had a good idea, the egg falling from the tree and it hatching and the baby bird talks away. I worked really hard on the storyboard and planning it. I worked hard on the set, especially drawing the tree because I can't draw! I have gained some skills in the creative side of the animation and I've really enjoyed this unit, making and creating things. It's been really fun and I'm glad I chose to do animation.
By researching about people that created stop-motion and the first people to start doing it, it would have been interesting to see how people first started trying out stop-motion. It was also nice to see the characters they made, they were very original.
I think I've gained skills on IStopMotion because I have never used it before animation, it's a nice software to use. I've also learned how hard people work to create stop-motion, for example, Wallace and Gromit.
Actually creating the animation was very stressful, I had to restart twice. Trying to keep the cardboard in one place without it moving was a struggle. In the end, I got there and I stayed behind after college to finish it. The reason I wrote 'Goodbye' is because I didn't know what else to do but I really should have planned that bit better. The lighting should have been a lot brighter, I didn't realize that it was really dark when I recorded it. When I was recording on the camera, it didn't look dark at all.
I agree with the feedback, I agree that in the middle of the video it does get boring and I did want to add more but I was slacking and I couldn't be bothered, but if I could do it all again I would have made such a better animation. Someone said that the lighting was very dark, seeing that it was meant to be in the day time and it was a huge sky, my lighting wasn't very good. Because when I was looking in the camera, it didn't seem so dark. I would have made the lighting so much better and it would have actually looked like the day time.
Someone said the story-line was good but instead of writing 'goodbye', I should have been more creative and done something else. I feel like I did it because I didn't know what else to do and I did it because I could honestly just wanted to get the animation over and done with. If I could go it again. I think I would have added another bird across the sky and I would have made the baby bird do something more cute and eye grabbing.
Someone said that the music was good an it went well with the animation, I believe that the music did go well with the video, I agree with the feedback. Someone said that they thought the bird was cute and I really liked the bird too.
It was my first time actually creating anything with Plasticine and I'm not really a creative or arty person. I think I did well to make a bird. I am also proud of myself for making the set and driving and painting the tree because I can't draw at all.
Overall, I am proud of what I created because to be honest, it was the first time doing anything like this but I know if I would have tried a bit harder, I could have created something better. I'm happy with the feedback and now I know next time I do something, I have to put all of my effort in 100%. I would have liked to re-recorded the main bit and added light to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment